Art Appraisal Services
Fine Art Appraiser
ART APPRAISAL CONNECTIONS
Your appraisal should be a pleasant experience. William Farmer Appraisals fulfills a needed niche in Santa Fe, one of affordable, detailed appraisals for a cost conscious client. Your appraisal needs to be prepared by an expert. I have 15-years art, gallery, museum and foundation experience in Santa Fe. I also have 40 years experience collecting, traveling, reading, visiting museums, antique auctions and galleries internationally. Formal education includes a journalism and mass communications degree cum laude from The University of Oklahoma. In my first life, I was a partner in a large advertising, marketing, public relations firm in Dallas. In my second life, I have completed 120 credit hours at The University of Maryland in appraisal studies including: International Society of Appraisers Core Course, Appraisal Principles & Business Practice; Ethics & Standards, USPAP, Identification & Authentication, Research, Legal Issues including IRS and US Treasury regulations, Appraisal Techniques, Report Writing Standards and Case Law applying to appraisals.
The person preparing your appraisal needs to be one who has met experience guidelines, completed a formal education with a nationally recognized accreditation institute, has been tested and maintains ongoing education. As a member of International Society of Appraisers, I am experienced in preparing appraisals for:
- Insurance coverage. To insure that your insurance company pays you the current replacement cost of a work of art, antique or residential content.
- Equitable distribution of an estate. To insure that family members know the value of the art in an estate and are able to divide it fairly.
- Determining a fair asking or buying price for an art object.
- Simply because you want to know what you have is worth.
- For informed decision making.
- For collateral on a loan from a bank or mortgage company.
- Determining the best venue should you wish to sell an art object.
- Non-cash charitable contributions which you will write-off your income tax return. These are prepared in conformity with the most recent IRS and US Tax Regulations.
Please contact me, Bill Farmer at 505-466-4506.
William Farmer Collection